The responsibility for claimed properties is laid down in the performance declaration that is part of the CE marking. This is how the claimed product qualities are then linked to a producer or importer. JéWé has performance declarations available for all products that meet a harmonised NEN standard.
The performance declaration states:
- The information of the producer or importer
- A product description, purpose of use and area of application
- A statement of the standard(s) that are applicable
- The product performance and what they are based on
- The responsible person who can be approached in relation to the performance
A distributor, importer or producer must be able to present the performance declaration to a (end) buyer. A paper copy can be sent if desired.